WordPress by default has provided a panel in the dashboard to install new plugins. However, for some reason the installation process on the dashboard went wrong and if it failed once, usually the next installation would still be the same, because a folder with the same name was created in the previous process.
The solution to this problem is to install a WordPress plugin using the Cpanel server. The steps are quite easy, you can follow the following tutorial.
- The first step is to visit the WordPress.org site to download the plugin that failed to install. All plugins that you find in the dashboard are also available on this site except Pro or premium plugins. If you need a Premium Plugin, you can get it here.
- After downloading, now enter your Cpanel server, please ask the hosting provider for details. Then click File Manager.
- On the file manager page, go to public_html – wp-content – plugins.
- While in the plugins folder, click the Upload menu.
- Then click the Select File button and navigate to the plugin that was downloaded earlier. Wait until the upload process is complete. When finished, return to the file manager.
- When uploaded, the plugins were still in .zip format, so now they have to be extracted first so the folders inside appear. Mark the file that was just uploaded, then click Extract.
- When the popup window appears, click the Extract File(s) button.
- After the extraction process is complete, you will find an additional folder with the name of the plugin that was uploaded earlier.
- To activate the plugin, go back to your wordpress dashboard then click Plugins – Plugin installed and click the Activate button.
- When downloading a plugin from the WordPress.org site, do not extract the files as the process will be done on the server.
- You can also upload the plugin using an FTP application like Filezilla.
- This method can only be done on cPanel servers.